The Flower Show Marquee hosts all entries to show classes. There are a wide variety of categories with something to appeal to all ages and a wide variety of interests. We encourage entries to our competition categories as it is a fantastic way to showcase our local talent.
Entries are judged anonymously, and small cash prizes are awarded to category winners. The marquee will open for viewing once the judging is complete.
🍰 Be our Best of the Best Baker – new for 2022!
The winner of our new Winchcombe Show Cup for Cookery will be presented with their cup in the main ring.
Winchcombe’s best young bakers will also be presented with trophies in the main ring.
Exhibits must be in position in the marquee by 10.00 am on the show day (the marquee opens at 8.00 am).
08.00 – Setting up of exhibits
10.00 – Marquee cleared for judging – strictly no entry 10.00 to 13.00
12.00 – Show ground opens
13.00 – Marquee opens to the public
14.00 – Prize money is available in the marquee
16.00 – Presentation of cups for Best Exibit/Most Points gained in the Main Ring
16.15 – Presentation of Winners cups in the marquee
16.30 – Raffle Prize Draw
17.00 – Exhibits can be collected (until 17.30)
- Maximum one prize per person per class
- All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor
- Craft classes: all exhibits must have been completed since the last show
- Flower exhibits: cut flowers to be displayed in exhibitors’ own vases
- Exhibits which do not meet class specifications will be disqualified
- Horticultural exhibits: produce must have been in the possession of the exhibitor for at least two months before the show
- The committee reserves the right, after giving notice, to visit the garden of an exhibitor to ascertain the identity or origin of an exhibit. That right shall only be exercised within three days following a show
- Horticultural exhibits – where appropriate, exhibits are to be judged by RHS or NAFAS rules
- The decision of the committee is final in all matters connected with the show
- Judges may withhold prizes if they consider no exhibits worthy of winning or if there are insufficient entries in a class
- Any objections should be made in writing, signed by the objector, and handed to the Flower Show Secretary before 3.00 pm
- The committee cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibits